Holy Mary, Our Lady of the Wayside we seek thy intercession for the welfare of our Faith, our families, our flocks, and our fields. We beg thee to obtain for us the grace to walk in the Way of your Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ. May we find the end of our pilgrimage at the gates of Heaven, and there give praise to God our Almighty Father, forever and ever.
what is required of godparents?
There must be at least one practicing Catholic Godparent. In order to be considered a practicing Catholic a Godparent must:
- Be sixteen (16) years of age or older
- Be a Catholic who has received the sacrament of Baptism, Communion and Confirmation
- Participate in the Celebration of the Holy Mass weekly;
- Live a life in harmony with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and the Gospel (this includes a valid marriage recognized by the Roman Catholic Church);
- Not be the parent of the candidate for Baptism;
If a Godparent is from another Parish, you will need to provide a written statement from their Pastor which says that they are suitable to be Godparents. (Certificate of Sponsorship)
37575 Chaptico Rd
P.O. Box 97
Chaptico, MD 20621
tel: (301) 884-2502
fax: (301) 884-0381
Mon. – Thr. 7:30am – 3:00pm
Fri. 7:30am – 12:30pm